Posted: Fri, 03/06/2020 - 8:28 am EST
Are you a PreK-12 teacher of computer science? Do other teachers look to you as a leader and a go-to source for incorporating CS into the classroom? Do you work with organizations to support CS in your community? If so, check out this new opportunity!
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) and CS for All Teachers are looking for teacher leaders to serve as 2020-21 Community Ambassadors for our virtual community of more than 7,000 members. As a CS for All Teachers Community Ambassador, you will serve in a variety of roles and receive ongoing support and professional development from AIR.
- Participating in an in-person planning meeting following the CSTA conference in Arlington, VA (date TBD depending on COVID-19 guidelines; travel to be covered by AIR/CS for All Teachers).*
- Serving as a virtual facilitator for a CS for All Teachers’ discussion group.
- Planning and hosting webinars on CS topics you’re interested in for community members.
- Writing blog posts about CS education in PreK-12 classrooms.
- Creating multimedia presentations.
- Facilitating Twitter chats.
- Promoting community activities through your social media channels.
- Collaborating with the AIR team.
*Participation in the in-person planning meeting is preferred but not required.
- Experience in professional and/or community leadership.
- Understanding of CS for All Teachers’ mission and resources, and what you may bring to the role of Community Ambassador.
- Passion for CS.
- Diverse perspectives from within CS.
To be considered, please submit an application via this Google form by Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET. A group of semifinalists will be selected using a blind review of applications; semifinalists will then go through a second application round. Additional information and details will be provided at that time. If selected, you will receive a stipend for serving the one-year Community Ambassador term.
CS for All Teachers is supported by the National Science Foundation and managed by AIR.
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.