Posted: Fri, 02/05/2016 - 14:18
Incorporate the Computer Science Principles seven big ideas explicitly with every topic covered throughout the course, especially when having class discussions so students can clearly see course goals.Originally posted on CS Teaching Tips
- Post the College Board’s 7 Big Ideas, listed below, prominently in the classroom.
3. Data and Information
6. The Internet
7. Global Impact
- When you introduce a topic, point out which of the 7 Big Ideas it relates to.
- As the course progresses, ask students to determine which of the seven big ideas a topic relates to.
- Have them explain how it relates and see if they can connect a topic with more than one big idea.
- This can be a great tool for in-class discussions.
Originally posted on CS Teaching Tips by Lynn Norris