Posted: Tue, 02/02/2021 - 17:56
Join CS for All Teachers Ambassadors Vanessa Jones and Andrea Wilson Vazquez in this free online course focused on Scaling Inclusive Pedagogy through Strategies for Effective and Inclusive CS Teaching.
DATES: Start/End Dates of Course: 02/22/2021 - 04/9/2021
This course is free for participants. The course lasts 6 weeks and includes weekly synchronous meetings on Mondays at 5pm, CT, as well as self-paced coursework, including videos, discussion forums and activities that participants implement in their classroom.
The goal of this online course is to assist current and potential CS teachers in implementing effective strategies for recruiting, retaining and teaching students who are historically underrepresented in these classes. This includes women, students of color, students with disabilities and students from rural or low-income communities.
- Inclusive recruitment strategies
- Working with course gatekeepers such as counselors and other teachers
- Examining your own unconscious bias and cultural misunderstanding
- Leveraging CS as a tool for addressing social justice
- Culturally responsive pedagogy
- CS for neurodiverse learners
- Intersectionality and its impact on CS identity
- Applying research-based strategies such as pair programming, CS role models, connecting CS to students’ lives, and building a growth mindset specific to CS
FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND REGISTRATION