Posted: Fri, 06/25/2021 - 1:49 pm EDT
Are you a PreK-12 teacher of computer science? Do other teachers look to you as a leader and a go-to source for incorporating CS into the classroom? Do you work with organizations to support CS in your community? If so, check out this opportunity!
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) and CS for All Teachers are looking for teacher leaders to serve as 2021-22* Community Ambassadors for our virtual community of more than 8,500 members. As a CS for All Teachers Community Ambassador, you will serve in a variety of roles and receive ongoing support and professional development from AIR.
*The size of this year’s cohort will be determined pending funding.
As a community ambassador you will be asked to:
- Participate in a virtual planning meeting in August 2021.
- Serve as a virtual facilitator for a CS for All Teachers’ discussion group.
- Plan and host webinars on CS topics you’re interested in for community members.
- Write blog posts about CS education in PreK-12 classrooms.
- Create multimedia presentations.
- Facilitate Twitter chats.
- Promote community activities through your social media channels.
- Collaborate with the AIR team.
*Participation in the summer planning meeting is strongly encouraged but not required.
- Experience in professional and/or community leadership.
- Understanding of CS for All Teachers’ mission and resources, and what you may bring to the role of Community Ambassador.
- Passion for CS.
- Diverse perspectives from within CS.
To be considered, please submit an application via this Google form by Friday, July 26, 2021 at 5 p.m. ET. A group of semifinalists will be selected using a blind review of applications; semifinalists will then go through a second review round. If selected, you will receive a stipend for serving the one-year Community Ambassador term. Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.